Process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, and posts.
Units can submit advancement for unit youth members online. Internet Advancement can be used for the following:
· Add ranks, merit badges, and awards.
· Update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank and Palms).
· Print rosters/temporary membership cards (both of these have person ID numbers to be used for E-Learning, etc.).
To use On-Line Advancement:
Select a unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet access and Microsoft Internet Explorer. They also need an email address.
· Log on to the Las Vegas Area Council web site (www.lvacbsa.org) and click on “Advancement & Recognition”
· Click “On-Line Advancement”
· If you do not have an account click “create an account”. You will need your Unit ID. Anyone at the Las Vegas Area Council with access to ScoutNet can obtain this for you.
· Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates. If you need to research advancement records they are available at the Las Vegas Area Council office from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday, for you to research.
· Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
· Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit with merit badge applications (blue card) to the Las Vegas Area Council. Save a copy of the advancement report for your files. You do not need to check youth before buying awards.
· Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update unit and council statistics.
· Computers are available at the Las Vegas Area Council office for your use but remember you must have signatures on the Advancement Reports.
PROCEED TO INTERNET ADVANCEMENT